Ricky Gervais introduces his inspiration for “The Office”. (N.B It’s not actually that funny, bearing in mind all the effort they put in to learn their lines… ah well, good try.)
So I wasn’t too impressed with the death one of my favourite characters on TV this week. But I decided to finish off Season 4 of The Wire, after Geoff finally gave me the last disc. I can’t really even write about it, because I know a couple of my readers haven’t finished this season yet, but I will say it almost made me tearful. That’s right, *almost!* One of the finest hours (and 18 minutes) of television I have had the privilege to watch, the bar has been raised again. Watch one of my new favourite death scenes after the jump. P.S. Come on FX, get it on in HD in the UK!
Comments : 1 Comment »
Categories : FX, FX HD, HBO, The Wire
I am deeply unsatisfied by what I just saw. I knew it was coming, but the payoff wasn’t nearly enough for someone who has put eight years of their life into this show. That is all.
Comments : 4 Comments »
Categories : CBS, CSI, Gary Dourdan
Well this hasn’t been reported much, amid the launch on Zune Marketplace of NBC Universal content. Although NBC Universal are in (a much publicised) dispute with Apple over TV content on the US iTunes store, they slyly added Heroes and House to the UK store, under the moniker “Universal”. Can a return to the US store be too far behind?
Comments : Leave a Comment »
Categories : Heroes, House, Itunes, NBC, NBC Universal, UK
I finally got around to watching this the other night, I had it on the old Sky plus taking up a world of space (BBC HD) from when I was in Lisbon. My feelings can be summed up in bullet points thusly…
- I really liked the cinematography, it’s a shame it takes a Hollywood production to make Botswana look beautiful.
- I couldn’t stand Jill Scott’s accent. It may just be that I am so used to hearing her sing.
- David Oyelowo was hilarious, I didn’t know he had this comedy performance in him. So many quotable lines from “Kremlin”.
- It was also good to have Idris Elba back on my screen. I’m watching Season 4 of The Wire, and although it *is* great, I do miss Stringer Bell.
- I can’t wait for the series to start…
Comments : 1 Comment »
Categories : BBC, HBO